Google Apps for Education, Digital Citizenship, Technology @ Home, and more
Parent and Student IT Support Portal
Lost or Stolen FCPSOn Student Computer and Charger
School staff should be informed of a lost or stolen device as soon as possible. If you believe your device was stolen, report it immediately to an administrator and the SRO. Robinson Secondary School asks families to please fill out this form as part of the process of reporting a lost or stolen FCPSOn item (Laptop or Charger) and to deliver it to their grade level administrator. Listed below are the items that you received and the cost associated to replace those items if not returned at the end of the school year collection.
- Dell 3300 Laptop | $467
- Dell 65w or 90w AC power adapter | $28
If you unenroll from Robinson Secondary School, it is your responsibility to return the above items. Any items not returned will be recorded as debts owed to Robinson SS.
FCPSOn Laptop Opt-Out Form
Each High school student at Robinson Secondary School has the opportunity to receive an FCPS-issued laptop. If you wish to opt your child out of receiving the FCPS-issued laptop and have your student use a personally-owned laptop instead, please arrange a time to have a conversation with your grade level administration at Robinson Secondary School. They have information specific to the instructional practice at Robinson Secondary School that might be impacted by the introduction of a personal laptop. If, after the conversation, you still choose to send a personally-owned laptop with your student, please sign and return this form to the front office. Please note that by signing this form, you also acknowledge that you understand the following requirements for personally-owned devices to be used in the classroom:
1. Every student will need a laptop to frequently access instructional material and content. If a personal laptop is used in place of the FCPS-issued laptop, the personal laptop must be a portable laptop equivalent with a screen and keyboard. The student must bring it to school fully-charged every day. Smartphones, tablet readers, and wearable technologies are not acceptable substitutes for an FCPS laptop.
2. Any FCPS student applications with licensing agreements that require installation on FCPS laptops cannot be installed on personally-owned laptops. FCPS licensing agreements do not permit installation on personal devices. As a result, parents will need to assume responsibility for acquiring and installing those applications on a personally-owned laptop. Instructional choices are made by teachers and teams at each school. Families should contact the teacher for required software information. The inability of the personal laptop to access licensed software may impact your student’s instructional experience.
3. The personally-owned laptop must be able to run Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office products,
and FCPS-approved internet browsers Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 or higher.
4. FCPS-issued laptops are fully supported by school technology teams. Tech support will not be available for personally-owned devices.
5. FCPS is not responsible for storage, loss, or damage of the personal laptop.
6. Personally-owned laptops must be compatible with the school’s WiFi network.
Please, print, fill out and turn in, this form to your grade level administrator. Robinson SS FCPSOn Opt-Out Form
Other Technology Resources
- Account Manager: Use this site to setup a password recovery phone number or email address.
Account Password Recovery: This self-service application allows FCPS students to reset their lost or forgotten password. To successfully use this application you must have previously supplied a private e-mail address or mobile phone number in the Account Manager application. If you are having problems using this application, please see one of your teachers during the school day.
Bring Your Own Device: Students can bring their own technology to school for academic purposes.
FCPS 24/7 (Blackboard): The online resource that allows Fairfax County Public Schools students to extend learning beyond the traditional school day and beyond school facilities.
Google Apps for Education: Google Apps for Education (GAE) allows FCPS students, faculty, and staff to communicate, store files and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time from school, work, or home, all within a secure “closed campus” online environment. The use of these tools is optional, and intended to provide an approved and supportable alternative to consumer Google accounts. There is no cost to use GAE.
Google Takeout: Students and Staff who are leaving Fairfax County Public Schools must download the contents of their FCPS Google Apps for Education account prior to their last day with FCPS. The contents in your Google Drive will be deleted when you leave.
StudentVUE Accounts: All middle school students have access to their StudentVUE account by using their network id and password to log in.