Late Bus Schedule, Policies and Registration
Guidelines and Student Rules
- Registration (parent permission) is required. After School Program Registration Form
- All middle school students are invited to attend activities.
- Activities will be offered beginning in late September through May. Start date TBD.
- Activities and late bus service will not be scheduled on early release days or school holidays.
- Students are responsible for seeking parent permission, checking the activity schedule, selecting and signing-up during lunch periods in the cafeteria, and reporting to the activity meeting location by 3:00pm each day he/she plans to stay after school.
- Students remaining on campus after school must check into an activity supervised by an adult sponsor.
- Attendance is taken for all activities and academic support programs.
- A select number of activities will require a separate registration due to program design and level of time commitment.
- Over 40 teachers, counselors, coaches, and support staff sponsor activities. High school students and parent volunteers also provide program support.
- Activity information, such as schedules and descriptions, can be accessed here and will be updated with new information by mid-September.
- Students must follow FCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities, Robinson Secondary School rules, and RBSS bus rules while participating the after school programming.
- Continued participation is contingent on the student's attention to school behavioral guidelines. Participation may be denied and parents may be asked to pick up their child if the guidelines, including chronic lateness to check-in, are not followed.
Almost all activities are free of cost, although those that require extensive supplies or involve competitions or performances may have a nominal fee. Program funding is provided by the FCPS School Board, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisiors, Robinson PTSO, and community partners.
3:00pm to 4:25pm
Late Bus Schedule:
Late bus service is provided on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only to limited drop off sites, which may differ from the regular bus stops. Most activities are scheduled on these days.
Departure time from Robinson: 4:45pm
A limited number of activities are offered on Tuesdays and Fridays, but parents must provide pick-up by 4:30pm or the end of the activity time, if later, as specified by the sponsor.
Parent pick-up location: Entrance #1
Bus schedule and start date information will be forthcoming.
Read the Ram Blast, a News You Choose bulletin, emailed to all parents each Friday for activity announcements, updates, and quick links to the quarter schedule and daily activity calendar. The daily activity schedule is also posted on the TVs within each locker bay and posted on Twitter @RobinsonSSNews.
Mary Aunon | After School Program Specialist
email@example.com | 703-426-2339